Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Daily Adventures

Well today was exciting. 

My elbow is still bothering me, and while I was able to deal with it the past few days, today it was hurting even before I got to work. 

Here's Onyx telling me he thought I should stay home. 


But it was already 10am and I needed to leave for work, so I didn't want to call in right away. I decided to go to work and get through half a day before calling the doctor. They might not even be able to get me in right away anyhow. 

Well, my PCP wasn't available till January, so I was told to see the Prompt Care, but the only place that took my insurance was in Morton, 20 minutes away. But that wasn't so bad because Chris, my fiance works in Morton, so I got to see him and tell him the diagnosis. 


Doctor said it was a bruised elbow muscle/tendon/nerve/something that hurts. He said it happens when one bangs their elbow, but I told him I didn't bang it, it was stress from leaning on it too much. He said that happens too. Sadly (or maybe not) the whole thing took so long (driving out there, filling out papers, waiting in the waiting room, getting initial vitals [I apparently have a low grade fever!], waiting for the doctor, talking to the doctor, getting MORE vitals [he said my knee reflexes weren't working but he just wasn't tapping the right spot], having the nurse help him with the computer, checking out, going to update Chris while I bought my brace, going to the pharmacy, waiting for the lady in front of me to show the pharmacy clerk something on the computer [no idea what that was about], having the pharm clerk check my insurance, waiting for my Rx to be filled, checking out with my Rx) that by the time I was done, it was a quarter past 5. Add 15 minutes to get to work and I would have only been at work for half an hour. 

Not worth it. 

I might have dealt with it since I had class right after, but I also hadn't had a chance to do my homework, since it hurts so bad to write, that I just decided to miss today. 

But I did look cute...


No comments:

Post a Comment