Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Welcome!

Hi! I'm Môrgan, 30 year old, soon-to-be married, working woman, who tries to live a religiously observant live, though I suffer from a lot of laziness, which I am working on.

I had been thinking about starting a modesty fashion blog for a while now. I live in a pretty cool area, Peoria, Illinois, and I work at a community college, so we have a lot of Apostolic and Muslim women that pass through our hallways every day.

Not only am I inspired by the creativeness of each young lady I see, but I am also encouraged by how many shapes, styles and faiths modesty comes in.

This blog is going to be my way of not only highlighting the interesting fashions I see, but also a way of sharing products I like. Far too often I see blogs that only share extremely expensive products, and while they are often amazing and beautiful, it can be frustrating if you're just getting started and need a lot of start up items.

Additionally, I wanted to blog because I'm not you're average religiously observant woman. I like to think of myself as a little Punk Orthodox, though I really am just me. I cuss, I drink from time to time, I go to parties and concerts, I'm an unashamed geek, and yet I'm still committed to my values.

I'd like to show young women and men that being modest doesn't mean being quiet, or boring. Not everyone who is pious spends their time at home knitting, baking and doing yard work. We watch football, we go to amusement parks, we shoot fireworks off in our backyard... There are many ways to serve our faith and God.

So!!! Where to start!!

Well, I'm gonna post a quick "Môrgan's Favorite Things!"

I keep seeing adds for Halftee.com, and actually, I first found the site while doing a Google search for cropped layering shells. I admit, I love the variety they offer, but I was rather disappointed with just how LOW the neckline is!!!
It doesn't look too bad for the pictures of the less endowed women, but if you're an extremely curvy woman like I am, that neckline isn't going to cover anything up top, and at $25 a shirt, I have to pass. 

Instead, my favorite crop shells come from either Shel Sheli or Modest Essentials (why Ms. Amanda claims she couldn't find these surprises me, Google crop shells or midriff shells and you'll get a whole page full of stuff). 
The neckline is much higher as you can see, and in practice, it actually sits right on my collarbone, but may be higher if you don't have as much to fill it out. But the best part is that it's only $14!!!! Sadly it doesn't come in many colors (I swear Kosher Casual had some in grey and 'offwhite' recently, but I can't find it now), and I'm tempted to just buy a bunch in white and dye them myself, but I'm also really loving my ivory colored, I may just buy a bunch more of that. 

Another site I'm madly in love with is the ever popular Garlands of Grace. Most of the time, I just buy regular headbands or make my own, but I couldn't resist those amazing prints! 


As reasonable as the prices are for what you get, it's still going to need to be a holiday wishlist item most of the time, but I had a little money to indulge myself, and I couldn't resist. 

Lastly, my OOTD!

I'm feeling kinda lazy today, so just a boring blue maxi skirt, one of my favorite hoodies, hair in a messy bun. I almost never wear anything but maxi skirts, they're my favorite. (Sorry that I'm slouching, lol)

Until nextime!!! 

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment