Sunday, November 16, 2014

Shopping Spree and First Snow!

Oh my! Winter seems to be upon us already. I woke up this morning to this sight out my window. 

Not much, but I feel like it's the official end of Autumn. So sad. I'm not a huge fan of Winter, especially when Autumn is so perfect. While December is nice with all the Yuletide festivities, I feel like the rest of Winter is just a cold bummer. 

But in the meantime, I had to stop on over to Walmart, which I typically try to refrain from, since I prefer to shop local, their produce has repeatedly made me sick, and just typically do not like a lot of their practices. The good news is I found some really great items that I couldn't really find anywhere else (you win this round Walmart). 



Namely, this little gem. I tend to gravitate over to the headband section near the jewelry when I go there, just to see what they have, and even though I had seen this before, it caught my attention this time. It's Walmart brand (otherwise I would have just purchased it from the source), but as you can see, it's really great priced, and it advertises you can wear it in several styles. I tried out the main ones today for you all. 



 It slips easily, and not only am I showing three different ways to wear it, but I'm also displaying the progression of how it will fall throughout the day. But I really like it as an easy "throw on and go" piece. 

Walmart also has a selection of $1 large bandana, my favorite of what I got was this one. 

The brown, orange, pink and yellow theme is so warm, especially with this chilly weather, and that henna Indian pattern is to die for. It's long enough to tie into a turban wrap too, although I was too lazy to do it today, perhaps later this week. 

In the meantime, I figured since I was there, I'd hop on over to the hair section in the pharmacy and see if they had any headband grips. They didn't but I did find these lacy headbands. I'm not sure if I'm going to make grips out of them, or just wear them as accents, but I figured they'd come in use either way. 


 I also got The Percect Bun by Remington. I've tried the sock bun and I've never gotten it to work right, so this looked easier. I still can't quite get it to work right, but I think I just need practice. 

 So there you have it, some great finds all under $5! Which is perfect because the new World of Warcraft expansion just came out, and I've been waiting on bated breath to play. So far, I absolutely love it, but since my main is a Draenei, I'm really excited to see more backstory for these characters. 

Well, I'm off to kill some Orcs!!! 


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment